Working with the media is not a set and forget game you need to keep sharing story ideas and angles with them. So that means making writing Media and Press Releases on a regular basis and making it part of your Marketing Plan.
Ask yourself: How Long has it been since I sent a Media Release?
Here are a few ideas we have to help you get started on a new release
Share Helpful Tips:
- These can be the top ten, or five to succeed in your industry
- Tips for clients and customers on how to use your products or services
- Advice for people starting out in your field
- Tips sheets or feature story around events and holidays that relate to your business i.e.: Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Tax Time etc.
Share Something Unusual:
Is there some interesting or unusual about your business or industry that you can share ie:
- The world’s biggest…….
- World First….
- Did you hear about….
Market Trends and Thought Leadership:
Position yourself as the expert by commenting on market trends and issues that affect your industry:
- Comment on or tie into current events and interesting trends
- Industry predictions
- Comment on findings of a recent report, survey or poll
- Debunk common myths about products or services
So if it has been a while since your last release or you have something new to share why not get writing!