There are two forms of videos:
- Short-form video is any video under 10 minutes. Even shorter videos are commonly referred to as snackable videos or snackable content, and these include Instagram Stories and Tiktok – probably the majority of the video content seen on social media.
- Long-form video is any video over 10 minutes. This can include live Q&A sessions, webinars, speaker conference recordings, etc. Though branded long-form video rarely gets the same level of mass appeal as short-form, long-form does a great job engaging fans and growing brand awareness.
So where do you come up with ideas for your series:
- Questions asked by clients – If your clients are asking them, potential ones will be too.
- Business FAQ page – This might be your how-to demo or step-by-step instructions.
- Forums and Facebook Groups – in your keywords and see what people are asking
- How to’s and handy tips – What you do or your customer need to do with your product or service
- Interviews with industry leaders or clients – Excellent to show knowledge and expertise and reach a wider audience
- Content from your blog – A goldmine of content already waiting to be turned into a series
- Presentations – If you’ve presented at a workshop or event, look into using that content and turning it into a video
More Marketing Tips Available in The Marketing Circle
Step by step, we will walk through the ins and outs of marketing, with tips, simple exercises and proven marketing strategies that you can roll out in your business.
We will explore all things marketing, from demystifying the marketing world, to blogging, working with media, email marketing, social media, and more.
Access courses, community and live training led by
Ideas and Marketing Strategist Linda Reed-Enever