Are you a podcast creator looking for ways to expand your audience and reach new listeners? Then you’re in luck! In this video, we’ll be discussing the various perks that podcast creators are eligible for on YouTube.
These perks include podcast-specific discovery and recommendation features, official search cards, badges on your podcasts and videos, and the option to be featured on youtube.com/podcasts.
We’ll also be exploring how you can convert a playlist to a podcast and import your existing podcast to YouTube, so that your content can reach even more listeners. So, whether you’re a seasoned podcaster or just starting out, this video is for you!
On YouTube, a podcast show is a playlist, and podcast episodes are videos in that playlist. Your podcast should only contain full-length episodes, organized in the order that they should be consumed. If your podcast has multiple seasons, include them in the same podcast.
Podcast creators on YouTube are eligible for a range of perks and benefits, including:
- Podcast-specific discovery and recommendation features: YouTube has several features that help podcast creators reach a wider audience. For example, the platform’s search algorithm has been optimized for podcast content, making it easier for users to find relevant podcasts. Additionally, YouTube’s recommendation engine will suggest podcasts to users who have previously watched or listened to similar content.
- Official search cards: YouTube offers official search cards for podcasts. These cards provide information about the podcast, such as the episode titles, descriptions, and links to the podcast’s website or other online platforms.
- The option to be featured on youtube.com/podcasts: YouTube has a dedicated section on its website for podcasts. By submitting your podcast to this section, you can reach a wider audience and potentially attract new listeners.
- Badges on your podcasts and videos: YouTube offers badges that podcast creators can use to promote their content. For example, creators can add a “podcast” badge to their videos and channel to help viewers identify the content as podcast-related.
- Your podcast will be available to YouTube Music users: YouTube Music is a separate app that allows users to stream music and podcasts. By publishing your podcast on YouTube, it will also be available to YouTube Music users, increasing your potential audience.
Overall, YouTube provides several benefits for podcast creators, including podcast-specific features that help creators reach a wider audience and promote their content.
Resources mentioned in the video:
More Marketing Tips Available in The Marketing Circle
Step by step, we will walk through the ins and outs of marketing, with tips, simple exercises and proven marketing strategies that you can roll out in your business.
We will explore all things marketing, from demystifying the marketing world, to blogging, working with media, email marketing, social media, and more.
Access courses, community and live training led by
Ideas and Marketing Strategist Linda Reed-Enever