- Your Name and Contact Details: It may sound obvious but contact details are key to a potential client being able to reach you, so make sure they are clearly featured in all correspondence, including your email signature, with your email, website and phone number among the critical details.
- Your logo: Your logo is your brand and the visual cue that people connect with your business, so make sure you use it in your email to capture the attention of the visual reader and reinforce your professional image.
- Tagline: A Tagline is an extension of your business name, for example at Business Business Business we use the tagline “Learn Connect Network Do”. A tagline provides the email recipient with a further explanation about what your business does and presents a clearer picture of who you are.
- Social Media: Social media is a great way for prospective clients to connect with you if they want to follow what you do. It also allows them to see how you operate without feeling the need for commitment, so make sure the channels you use are included in your signature, allowing your prospects and customers to connect.
- Accreditations: Accreditations and awards add to your credibility so if you have them and they are current, make sure you add them to your signature.
- A product or event: If you have a new product out or event coming up, put it in your email signature so people can know about it. It is easy to forget and think that people “know” about that product or event we are working on.
- Your latest blog post: A link to your latest blog post is a great way of adding credibility to your email signature and educating your market. It also gives prospective customers a way to check you out.
Putting it all together:
More Marketing Tips Available in The Marketing Circle
Step by step, we will walk through the ins and outs of marketing, with tips, simple exercises and proven marketing strategies that you can roll out in your business.
We will explore all things marketing, from demystifying the marketing world, to blogging, working with media, email marketing, social media, and more.
Access courses, community and live training led by
Ideas and Marketing Strategist Linda Reed-Enever