By using the power of Social Media we can all grow our networks at events even with people who are unable to make it.
Social Media and the power of a hashtag means events can go virtual and viral too.
By being social together we all share the news with our networks allowing us to connect and grow virtually at the event and beyond.
Being social at an event is a great way to:
- Show you as a leader in your field.
- Connect with new contacts and their network
- Show your clients and prospective clients you practice what you preach.
- Learn and grow from the tips shared by others too.
[ctt template=”1″ link=”dI6W2″ via=”yes” ]Social Media and the power of a hashtag means events can go virtual and viral too[/ctt]
Tips for using Social Media at an Event:
- Follow the event organiser and if possible ask what channels they will be using on the day
- Check-in to the event if it is on Facebook or similar to show you have arrived
- Share images via Instagram to Twitter and Facebook using the hash tag/s for the event
- Follow and connect with people you meet and tag them in photos etc. you share of them
- Tweet and share important quotes from the presentations at the event
- Re Tweet and share what others are sharing with your network and show your social side.