Ongoing learning is essential for business success in today’s rapidly changing world. In fact, Stephen R Covey, author of the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, even recommends making ongoing learning a habit.
But why is continued education so important and how can you incorporate it into your business routine? In this episode of Business Wisdom, I look at the role ongoing learning plays in business success, including:
- Why ongoing learning underpins successful business and leadership
- How to identify where to upskill in your business
- Why ongoing learning helps improve relationships with staff, customers and more.
How to identify learning opportunities
If you’re not sure where to start with ongoing learning, here are three things you can do:
- Identify the three most important areas of your business where you can learn more.
- Find resources to help you learn about these areas. This could include books, articles, online courses, or even attending workshops or conferences.
- Set aside time each week to learn. Even if it’s just for 30 minutes, make sure you’re regularly investing in your own development.
Additional tips to assist
- Make ongoing learning a priority for your entire team – Encourage your employees to learn new skills and knowledge, and provide them with the resources they need to do so.
- Create a culture of learning within your organisation – This could involve hosting regular training sessions, setting up a library of resources, or simply encouraging employees to share their knowledge with each other.
- Be patient – It takes time to learn new things and develop new skills. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. Just keep at it, and you’ll eventually reach your goals.
By investing in ongoing learning, you can set your business up for success in the years to come.
- [0:42]-[1:11] – Why ongoing learning is important and how it impacts all areas of business.
- [1:11]-[1:45] – Three key reasons to consider learning as a business priority.
- [1:45]-[2:03] – How learning is part of the business journey, but not the destination and why there’s no better time to start than now.
looking for more business wisdom?
My book Business Wisdom: Strategies for Success, is the ultimate guide for entrepreneurs and business executives looking to move to the next level.
Business Wisdom: Strategies for Success, written by renowned business strategist Clive Enever, is the ultimate guide for entrepreneurs and business executives looking to move to the next level.
The book provides readers with insights and strategies based on his 25 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes and industries.
Covering topics such as business planning, customer engagement, leadership, time management, risk mitigation, and growth, this book offers practical advice, tools, and exercises to help readers achieve their business goals.
With a focus on empowering readers to achieve a fulfilling and successful business aligned with their personal needs and aspirations.
Business Wisdom: Strategies for Success is an essential read for anyone looking to succeed in the competitive world of business.