It’s all about the detail
We’ve all heard the saying ‘the devil is in the detail’ and that’s certainly the case in business where detail underpins everything from your vision and mission to your business plan and systems and procedures.
In this Business Wisdom video, I look at the role detail plays in business, including how it creates clarity, which is critical for success in all aspects of business.
I also discuss why detail isn’t about being overly wordy and prescriptive, but instead involves being concise and to the point. Why? Because when you are clear and concise, your message is more likely to be understood and acted upon.
We look at
- Why details matter in all areas of business
- How they create clarity for you, your staff and your customers
- Where to look at the details in your business, including your vision statement, mission statement, business plan, and systems and procedures
- Detail is essential in everything you do in business as it creates clarity.
- Start by taking a close look at the detail of your business.
- Detail is particularly important in areas including your vision statement, mission statement, business plan, systems and procedures.
- Detail isn’t about being overly wordy or prescriptive
- How to be concise and to the point using clarity and detail to communicate with others.
- Take some time today to review the details of your business. What areas could be improved?
- Make a list of specific changes you can make to improve clarity.
- Start implementing these changes one by one.
Detail is the foundation of clarity, and clarity is essential for success in business. By paying attention to detail in all aspects of your business, you can set yourself up for greater success.
- [0:30]-1.30 – The role detail has in creating clarity across all areas of business.
- [1:30]-[3:00] – Where to consider details in your business, including how it underpins your vision statement, mission statement, business plan, and systems and procedures.
- [3:00] – [4:30] – How to use detail to implement change and improve the way you communicate what your business is, what it does, where it’s going, and how it serves its all-important customer.
looking for more business wisdom?
Clive’s latest book Business Wisdom: Strategies for Success, is the ultimate guide for entrepreneurs and business executives looking to move to the next level.