Questions are a uniquely powerful tool for unlocking value in organizations. Questions unlock marketing opportunities for your business. They can increase our impact when they result in new solutions and development for our business, and value and satisfaction for our clients.
Questions hold immense power in any business, offering the opportunity to connect, engage, understand, educate, and create empowered leads. Questions unlock marketing opportunities, but they can be quite often dismissed as too much work and avoided by most business owners.
So in this Tips Tuesday session, we are going to unlock the power of questions in your marketing.
We are going to look at how we can find questions to ask and answer, ways how to use these questions in marketing, and the tools we can use to discover questions related to our business that our audience might have been asking.
How do questions unlock marketing opportunities:
- Questions are typed into search every day. When we create our content, we can look at what our audience is asking. AnswerThePublic is a handy tool that you can use to look at keywords that people are searching for.
- Questions tell you what your market wants to know. Websites like Quora which is a question and answer site can help you find what people are asking based on a topic of interest.
- Questions are the basis of your content. They become your blog post, video, course outline, and other content you need.
- Questions help you optimise your social profile by answering your followers, you can link to content on your websites or courses online.
- Questions create engagement. Asking questions in the form of polls or quizzes naturally increases our engagement with our audience and readers. Quizzes are a handy way to engage with your market. By using a quiz making platform called Interact, you can create quizzes for your market to engage with.
- Questions start a dialogue. It fosters conversation whether it is between you and your team or you and your market. Questions help you delve deeper into what you need to accomplish as a team and as a business.
On the path toward new solutions, killer content, and an engaging audience, questions can actually be more productive than answers. Overwhelmed by a lot of information on the Internet, we need a filter to assess what is being offered and what is redundant. What is important? What is certain?
And the key to unlocking the power of questions so that you take all the benefits? Listen. Listen to what is being asked. Personally, I love it when people ask me questions because it means they are engaged and interested, and I can help address a pain point that my market happens to have.
Highlights from the video:
[1:10] The power of questions in marketing
[1:55] Questions are a gold mine full of opportunity
[2:15] AnswerThePublic helps you find what questions people are asking
[4:00] Questions tell you what your market wants to know and help provide answers
[4:10] Q&A websites like Quora helps you engage in a conversation by asking and answering questions
[6:30] How do you apply these questions to unlock opportunities in marketing?
[6:50] Find questions in Facebook and Linkedin Groups to optimise your profile
[7:30] Questions create engagement and boost our rankings in search engines
[8:00] How to use quizzes to engage your market
[11:25] How questions start a dialogue
[13:15] How do you like your coffee? And what would you like to know about marketing in the future?
Tools mentioned in this video:
- AnswerThePublic – AnswerThePublic listens into autocomplete data from search engines like Google then quickly cranks out every useful phrase and question people are asking around your keyword.
- Interact – Harness the power of quizzes and learn more about what your audience truly wants and needs.
- Quora – Quora is a place to gain and share knowledge. It’s a platform to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers.
Join The Marketing Circle
The Marketing Circle is Linda’s Inner Circle where she shares with you tips and tricks to market your business.
Designed to provide you with resources and real, easy-to-implement strategies, The Marketing Circle is packed full of courses and how-to’s to help you succeed.
And you’ll also have expertise readily at hand with Linda in how-to and Q&A Sessions.