I first wrote this post in 2013 when we only had 3 businesses in the Family and I was looking after two of them Media Connections and Family Capers and this post came after a busy and hectic week in both my business life, as well as being a Mummy who needed some time out, so now here we are in 2018 with 5 businesses in the Family and the message is still key and still the same so I thought it was time to update it and refresh it’s place on the blog! (And it badly needed a new image that fits my new site)
[ctt template=”1″ link=”793SH” via=”yes” ]One of the hardest things when juggling work, business and family is making time for you. [/ctt]As a Mum you are often putting kids, hubby and business before your needs and if a friend in need calls you will go and help them too! Which are all great qualities and what we love about mummies but what about making time for you before you go stir crazy or burn out?
Remember a happy family needs a happy Mum not a stressed one.
I was reminded of this today when this morning I am juggling dishes, phone and writing and article it all started. Miss wanted to paint Hubbys had calls to do and I am left standing there a bit muddleheaded and feeling like the wheels are going to fall off at any minute the alarm bells rang?? Time to take care of you.
Mummy needs a coffee!
Many Mum’s ask me how I do what I do and I say coffee mostly as a joke but sometimes it is very true coffee is my escape and relaxes me giving me that precious moments of me time. a coffee for me can be at my desk while surfing the web, on the couch while baby sleeps beside me or an escape outside with Miss for a Chino as I get away from what I do for the day. It is my 5 mins of me time!
Creating some 5 min Me Time:
As a Business Mum it is better to create my time than wait for the wheels to be falling off like I did this morning before you take care of me however that is not always possible so here are some quick 5 min me time tips that can help to take care of you!
- Have a coffee or treat in a special cup away from it all (I love my Mummy Rocks Cup saved just for these occasions)
- Hand cream a really nice stop at your desk and sit back and feel the sensations not only makes your hand feel nice but if you have a nice scented one you get aromatherapy too
- Have a candle?? lighting my candle lifts my mood and give me stress relief takes 2 seconds to do but freshens the room
- Walk outside just you?? no hubby no kids just walk outside and look around!
- Hide a magazine get your fav mag and hide it then bring it out when you need me time and hide it again. (Protecting it from drawings and crumpled pages)
- Create yourself a playlist of your fav songs to play in the car and get in some my time that way (remember really loud and to sing who cares who see you!)
I would love to hear how other Mums in Business get in some me time in under 5 mins to stay sane in juggling their days.
Now for me it is off to plan a day spa trip with no hubby or kids even if I don’t get there planning if half the fun!