Well the Facebook Gods have been playing and updating again this year and there are a round-up of new features and things we need to know as business owners, marketers, and creators to optimise these features and take advantage. Below is a list of updates and changes in the world of Facebook that you should know about.
So grab and pen and paper and let’s dive in this Tips Tuesday so you can make the most of them!
Facebook Updates and Changes
- Marketplace for business – You can now see listings on your Facebook business page and you also have the opportunity to put listings in there. This works only for physical products like the Business Life Planner or the 5-Minute Marketing Deck.
- Opt-in for podcasts – Facebook now allows people to subscribe to podcasts. So if you’re a podcaster, make sure to add your podcast to your Facebook page.
- You can now customise your bio based on the Facebook Group that you are in. This is a good opportunity to optimise your profile for networking in the Groups that you have joined. Here’s a Youtube short that teaches you how to do this.
- Reels have come to Facebook both personal and business profiles. You can look at repurposing your short-form videos from Instagram and Tiktok and publish them as Reels on Facebook. This is a good opportunity to bring your evergreen video content to your audience on a different platform. Keep in mind though that reels on Facebook are only 60 seconds.
- Profile videos have been removed on Facebook. So if you have been using a video on your profile, it has been most likely turned into a still photo.
- Commerce ratings on stores to help you see the health ratings of your physical products. This is huge when you want to run ads, boost products, see your products in places like Marketplace, or access new selling features.
- Navigation on Facebook desktop is changing for some users.
- Facebook has rolled out a new series of tools for Facebook Groups. You can now add a QR code to your Group. There are a lot of new features on Facebook Groups that you can do like decline a post, suspend members, or remove comments, all of which helps us run a better community.
- Business pages can now cross-post to a Group. Any post you share to Pages can now also be posted to Groups you are running which helps you boost your reach and engage with people.
A few tips for you to do since glitches happen when Facebook brings new updates and changes. You can simply log out and clear your browser’s cache. If you’re on mobile, you can download a Facebook app called Facebook Live which strips down some of the heavy updates going on behind the scenes.
If you want to dive further into Facebook with me, join my workshop Your Brand on Facebook Session on April 4th.
[1:20] Updates and changes in the world of Facebook since it became a
[1:45] Facebook has introduced Marketplace for Business
[2:35] Facebook is bringing in the opportunity to opt-in for podcasts
[3:00] If you’re a podcaster, make sure to add your podcast to your Facebook page
[3:50] Facebook hack: How to customise your bio based on the Facebook Group that you are in
[4:30] A good opportunity to optimise your profile for networking in the Groups that you are in
[4:55] Reels have come to Facebook both personal and business profiles
[5:35] A tip for you: Look at repurposing your short-form videos from Instagram and Tiktok
[5:45] Reels on Facebook are 60 seconds
[6:00] Bringing your evergreen video content in a different platform
[6:15] Profile videos have been removed on Facebook
[6:50] Commerce ratings on stores to help you see the health ratings of your physical products
[7:40] Navigation on Facebook desktop
[8:20] Facebook has rolled out a new series of tools for Facebook Groups
[9:35] Business pages can now cross-post a group
[10:00] Tips who might have been hit with Facebook glitches
[10:25] Facebook Live app
[10:40] Recap the changes and what you can do
[11:35] Facebook workshop that can guide you go through all these changes