October is the opportunity to look at your business in depth while preparing for the changes that Christmas brings.
Gear up for the end of the year with additional marketing, promotions and perhaps extra production is required in your business. Now is the time to hone your Christmas advertising, marketing and message.
Set about planning how the end of this calendar year will run for you.
• Look at your Christmas staffing requirements and leave entitlements
• Prepare relevant marketing and advertising campaigns
• Look to stock and services required
• Drill deeper into your business to establish KPIs, efficiencies and plug any leaks
• Establish the systems and procedures that allow you to take time from your business over the Christmas break
• Prepare for the downturn that often follows the Christmas break.
Does your business need to lodge a tax return? Due date for sole traders, partnerships and trusts is October 31 unless you use a tax agent.