Wow tomorrow will see us kicking off the Instagram Challenge at Business Business Business, so I thought it was time to share a few tips to getting started on Instagram for those who may not have started or are just starting out!
- Download the app from the app store, play store or by visiting https://instagram.com/ on your phone.
- Choose a user name that people will find you on I suggest to clients we look at either using the brand name or their name if they wish to be an expert.
- For me we use @lindareedenever
- Media Connections is @mediaconnetions
- Pick a profile pic that people will know you for. For businesses, I suggest logos and people a really good headshot of you, so when people are searching they can say YES that is XXX, who I am looking for.
- Make the most of your bio box and tell people what you do! Mine reads as follows
- Connect your social accounts so you can cross-share to Facebook, Twitter, (Check out my blog post on connecting Instagram to your business page for extra tips.
- Follow people in your network.
- Take your first pic and share it…it could be of anything, a selfie, your desk, a pet the key is you just do it!
In the next few days, I will be sharing tools to make your images stand out on Instagram and look forward to seeing you all in the challenge.